A variable reach material handler (VRMH), also known as a “zoom boom”, is different from a forklift because they have a telescopic boom. This allows the machine to pick and place loads at various distances and heights directly in front of it.
This course is designed to introduce new operators to the theory behind safe operation of a VRMH and to apply these theories in practice in a controlled environment. The course also serves as an excellent review for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulations
- Understand the principles of operating a VRMH
- Understand how center of gravity affects machine movement
- Understanding the machines various load charts
- Identify major parts of the machine
- Pre-shift inspection of the VRMH
- Inspect work areas to ensure they are safe to operate the machine
- Understand loading and unloading materials
- Safely maneuvering the VRMH and the operators visibility
- The average course runs about 2 days however it can vary greatly based on the number of students, type of machine, etc. Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to ensure that training is delivered in a timely manner
Sorry, we don't currently have information about this class available.
If you'd like to inquire, please contact us.